And says, “I’m gonna be the best Mother Pluckin Roasted Chicken you’ve ever had. Nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. If I don’t come out that way, then you didn’t follow these simple directions and you plucked up!”MOTHER PLUCKIN ROASTED CHICKEN
I’ve roasted many a chicken and have stuffed them with numerous ingredients. This one is my favorite. Do yourself a favor and purchase a free range roaster. The flavor will spoil you and you’ll never go back to that old cluck again!Ingredients- serves 4
1 - 4 to 4 ½ pound free range roaster
1 lemon sliced in half
Handful of Italian parsley (including stems)
½ of a handful of fresh thyme
Kitchen twinePreparation (approximately 1 ¾ hours)
1. Adjust oven rack to center and preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Rinse your bird in cold water inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Place on rack in a roasting pan
3. Squirt a little bit of each lemon half over chicken. Place one half of the lemon into the chicken cavity so that the cut side is facing inward. Mix up the parsley with the thyme and bunch it up into a ball, place in the cavity followed by the other half of lemon also facing inward.
4. Tie the legs together with the twine. Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with the Montreal spice, making sure that the sides are covered as well as the top.
5. Place chicken in oven and lower temperature to 325 degrees. After 45 minutes rotate the roasting pan in oven so that the chicken will roast evenly. Roast for another 45 minutes. Total roasting time 1 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees when a meat thermometer is placed between the leg and thigh.