I got married this past weekend. Along with supposedly 30,000 plus couples on 10/10/10. However, they probably weren't married at 10,000 feet in Colorado at Purgatory Mountain by a wedding wizard to their cousin Vinnie's best friend of thirty seven years. Nor did they have a numerology purpose and a plan other than having 10/10 be their anniversary. You see, my husband's birthday is 2/5 (same day as my grandpa Amedeo whom I was named after). My birthday is 5/25, so being that 2x5=10 we thought that 10/10/10 would be perfect.
And perfect it was. A beautiful day with spectacular views followed by some ice cold slugs and dancing on the mountain top. Hell, if you're going to get married again this is the way to go.
The following is my recipe for my wedding:
1. Find your perfect soulmate and live with him for seven years. This way you know if you have the itch thing.
2. Pick a date, find a destination, buy your plane tickets.
3. Buy something that you can wear again and again. This case was an Anne Kline winter white coat (on sale).I changed the buttons. Jeans with a lot of spandex.
4. Show up and figure it out in a few days. The best plans are the plans that aren't made.
5. Purchase your flowers at the grocery store and have your sister make your bouquet. Mine included pasta wheat and fresh rosemary... of course.
5. Come home and continue the party with friends and family. It's not all over in one day, you didn't spend a ton of money and most importantly you get to enjoy their company.