5 Reasons to Laugh More
By Katie Gillespie (The Huffington Post)
Here are five reasons why laughing is something you should do every day:
1. Laughing relieves tension. Laughter relaxes the muscles in the body and eases stress, anxiety and fear.
2. Laughing feels great. Laughing releases endorphins, the chemical in the body that makes you feel great.
3. Laughter brings us together. Sharing a good laugh with others is a wonderful way to bond and have a good time in social situations. (Aren't you smart to have stopped by here)
4. Laughter is healing. Laughter is an amazing source of both physical and emotional healing. Physically, laughter improves blood flow, deep breathing and boosts your immunity (not to mention, it strengthens those abs). Emotionally, finding the humor in even the most difficult things we face can be a powerful step to bringing some light into dark times.(Goodness knows we need as much light as possible in life)
5. Laughter is beautiful. Laughter attracts others who like to laugh. Plus, aging lines from laughter are beautiful markers of a life well-lived. (That's very true)
Of course, it’s easy to say, “Just laugh more!” But how do you laugh more? Here are some quick tips for how to bring more authentic laughter into your life:
Smile. You’ve got to start somewhere, and a laugh begins with a smile. (Makes a difference - try it right now)
Loosen up, and let go. Don’t take things too seriously. Authentic laughter is a spontaneous, easy going experience. Making a list of the good things in your life is a great way to think more positively and loosen up.
Find funny people. Spend more time with people who make you laugh. Find someone in your life whose sense of humor is spot-on, and get together with them more often.
Seek out people at a Play. Playing with animals or children is a great place to start. Taking a canine friend to an off-leash park, visiting an animal sanctuary, or spending time playing a silly game with kids is a wonderful way to loosen up and laugh.
Have fun. Spend more time doing things that you find fun and funny. Watch a funny movie or read a funny book. Go to a comedy show. Tell funny stories, and ask other people to share funny stories. (Stick around at StillABabe.com)
About Katie Gillespie
Katie Gillespie lives in Seattle and writes the blog Serenity in the Storm. She is very wise.
Facebook: Serenity in the Storm